Silkie Chicks Pre-Order
- Day-old unsexed chicks are available by pre-order and are picked up at our farm gate on Sunday afternoons in May and June depending on availability.
- We will stay in touch with you via email regarding hatch date, pick-up and payment.
- In order to reserve chicks for you a 20% deposit is required and paid for via Interac email transfer.
- We will contact you via email after you place your order as soon as we can.
- We cannot guarantee show quality.
- This is a mixed colour breeding pen with several different coloured roosters and hens including buff, porcelain, partridge, black, blue, splash, paint, white and some of our Silkies have mixed colouration.
- We only hatch their eggs in small batches, so you get what colour hatches at that time and there is no choice in colour of chicks.
- We do not ship these chicks, sell their pullets nor adult birds. The Silkie chicks are sold as day-old, unsexed and they are picked up at our farm gate.
- Chicks generally hatch out 50% male and 50% female but there are no guarantees with hatching eggs.
- APA Standard of Perfection for Silkie: Feather Legged Bantam
- Weights: Cock 36 oz. Cockerel 32 oz. Hen 32 oz. Pullet 28 oz.
- See our webpage for more information https://wildacres.ca/silkie/
- We suggest that when you keep different chicken breeds together, Silkies would do better with other gentle companions such as our Breda Fowl, Silver Laced Polish, Cream Brabanter and Cochin.
- If you are travelling more than an hour to pick up your chicks, poults or waterfowl you will need to order a $6 heat pack through our online store or a $30 standard sized chick box package that comes with a heat pack. Day old chicks, poults and waterfowl cannot regulate their own temperature until they are a few weeks old and we don’t want them to catch a chill on their way to their new home.
- Please find more information about our policies and raising chicks and ducklings on these webpages Chicks & Ducklings | Wild Acres and Care Tips | Wild Acres