Orpington Chicks Pre-Order
- Day-old unsexed chicks are available by pre-order and are picked up at our farm gate on Sunday afternoons in May and June depending on availability.
- We will stay in touch with you via email regarding hatch date, pick-up and payment.
- In order to reserve chicks for you a 20% deposit is required and paid for via Interac email transfer.
- We will contact you via email after you place your order as soon as we can.
- We cannot guarantee show quality.
- Cuckoo lavender, lavender, cuckoo, black, mixed colour breeding pen
- Specific colours of these chicks cannot be ordered. You get what is available at the time of hatch and most of them will hatch out in the cuckoo colour, which is a black and white barring colouration as seen in the English Cuckoo Orpington roosters pictured above, we have also had quite a few chicks hatch out Cuckoo Lavender.
- This breed is one of our top layers of large brown coloured eggs.
- See our webpage for more information Orpington | Wild Acres
- If you are travelling more than an hour to pick up your chicks, poults or waterfowl you will need to order a $6 heat pack through our online store or a $30 standard sized chick box package that comes with a heat pack. Day old chicks, poults and waterfowl cannot regulate their own temperature until they are a few weeks old, and we don’t want them to catch a chill on their way to their new home.
- Please find more information about our policies and on raising chicks and ducklings on these webpages Chicks & Ducklings | Wild Acres and Care Tips | Wild Acres