Indian Runner Ducklings Pre-Order
- Day-old unsexed Indian Runner ducklings are available by pre-order and are picked up at our farm gate on Sunday afternoons in May and June depending on availability.
- Ducklings take a week longer than chicks to hatch so a mixed order of chicks and ducklings may not work out as planned, especially if you are driving a long distance to pick them up. Therefore, separate order forms are recommended, and this may include a separate pick update.
- We will stay in touch with you via email regarding hatch date, pick-up and payment.
- In order to reserve ducklings for you a 20% deposit is required and paid for via Interac email transfer.
- We will contact you via email after you place your order as soon as we can.
- Our Indian Runner breeding flock is pure and a mix of both utility and show stock.
- We cannot guarantee show quality.
- Our Indian Runner ducks' free range and live together year-round. Therefore, we cannot guarantee specific colours with hatched ducklings. Our duck flock has white, trout, pencil, black, chocolate, blue and buff coloured ducks. Some of them are also mixed coloration.
- Runners were originally bred in Southeast Asia for high egg production and excellent mobility. There is evidence of their ancient ancestry from stone carvings in Java that are over 2000 years old. You will not find a better foraging duck than the Runner. They eat weed seeds, insects (including wasps), slugs and other bugs.
- Indian Runner Ducks | Wild Acres -see this webpage for more information
- If you are travelling more than an hour to pick up your chicks, poults or waterfowl you will need to order a $6 heat pack through our online store or a $30 standard sized chick box package that comes with a heat pack. Day old chicks, poults and waterfowl cannot regulate their own temperature until they are a few weeks old, and we would not want them to catch a chill on their way to their new home.
- Please find more information about our policies and raising chicks and ducklings on these webpages Chicks & Ducklings | Wild Acres and Care Tips | Wild Acres