Judge- Alex Cripps from Alberta (confirmed)
Alex Cripps Bio:
Our judge will be Alex Cripps of Red Deer, AB. Alex is originally from southern New Brunswick where he bred Nubians and subsequently focused on solely breeding Alpines under the Hazy Day prefix. Growing up near the family cow dairy farm Alex developed a passion for everything dairy, and later got involved in 4H and acquired his judging license at 18. Since then, Alex has had the opportunity to judge in every province and is excited to be joining us in Armstrong, BC.
- This is a sanctioned show with a judge, prize money and ribbons.
- There will only be one goat show this year on Friday morning.
- The judge is Alex Cripps from Alberta (see bio above). This has been already arranged and confirmed with the Interior Provincial Board Office and Canadian Goat Society.
- The goats will have to be dairy goats, registered and tattooed.
- The goats will be vet checked prior to the show on Tues. August 29th. It is mandatory that exhibitors are with their animals while the vet checks are taking place.
- Entries: Maximum entries are restricted to 3 entries per class, per breed, per Exhibitor.
- Horned goats and bucks are not allowed.
- Does under a year can be shown as dry yearlings, juniors doe kids and senior doe kids.
- Older does must be producing milk to show.
- You have to clean your own stalls daily prior to the arrival of the gates opening, feed and water your own goats.
- Exhibitors will be wearing white shirts and black pants and walk their own goats into the ring for the show on Friday.
Requirements for Sanction of Breed:
2 breeders min.
Restricted leg if at least 10 does, less than 8 in milk.
Full leg need – need 8 milkers.
Can also decide to put Nigerians and Nubians together to make a leg.
9.9 The primary condition for all legs is that there MUST be 10 or more animals of the breed, owned and shown by at least 2 exhibitors, in each separately sanctioned show. Legs are awarded separately for Doe and Buck shows. The only exception shall be for the Best in Show category in the Dairy Goat Show.
9.10 FULL LEGS – DOES
At least two legs of a Doe’s Permanent Championship must be full legs and be earned under ONE of the following
9.10.1 The Grand Champion at open shows where at least 8 does of her breed, in milk, are competing in at least 2 age classes.
DAIRY: 9.10.1 The Grand Champion at open shows where at least 8 does of her breed, in milk, are competing in at least 2 age classes.
The Canadian Goat Society – Look for more information concerning dairy goat shows and judging on this webpage