Orpington Eggs Pre-Order
- Price is per egg
- We will not ship less than a dozen eggs, but you can have more than one breed in that dozen.
- Hatching eggs are shipped to BC, YT, AB, SK and MB in April, May and June depending on availability.
- When eggs are picked up or sent to you via Xpresspost (Canada Post), your egg hatch rate can potentially drop to around 50% or even less.
- The buyer assumes all risks associated with shipped or picked up eggs, once they leave our hands.
- Therefore, we do not refund, replace nor credit hatching eggs and we do not refund deposits unless we can’t supply the order.
- Each hatch is unique regarding hatch rate and there are too many outside factors to consider and not every egg may start growth even if your eggs were picked up.
- A small fertile blastoderm in the egg may look infertile after a short time in the incubator. The blastoderm may die early in the incubation process or eggs may have been damaged during transit. Therefore, cracking the eggs during or after the incubation process in order to determine fertility is not going to be give you a precise ratio of fertile to infertile eggs.
- Our breeding pens usually contain multiple roosters in each pen.
- This Orpington mixed colour breeding pen consists of cuckoo lavender, lavender, cuckoo and black chickens.
- Specific colours cannot be ordered. Most of the chicks will hatch out cuckoo, which is a black and white barring colouration as seen in the English Cuckoo Orpington roosters pictured above and we have had quite a few chicks hatch out Cuckoo Lavender.
- This is one of our top layers of large brown eggs.
See our webpage for more information Orpington | Wild Acres