- Thank you for your orders. We are sold out for 2023.
- We will be taking pre-orders for 2024 on Nov. 1st via our online store.
- We are a small farm with small breeder flocks and a limit of about 6-12 eggs a week available per breed/per customer.
- There are over a 100 customer orders that are in our order queue now and we will honor them in the order they were received.
- If you are placed an order in January 2023 or later then your order will not be filled until June.
- We will contact our customers a week or two prior to their pick up or hatching egg shipping dates.
- We do not keep customer lists from year to year nor take pre-orders via the phone.
- Thank you for your patience, understanding and for supporting our small family farm.
Wild Acres breeds many unique and beautiful chickens including the Crele Legbar, Cream Brabanter, Swedish Flower Hen, Silver Laced Polish, Mottled Houdan, Breda Fowl, Ameraucana, Marans, Australorp, Jersey Giant, Cuckoo Lavender Orpington, Jubilee Orpington, Wyandotte, Welsummer, Standard Cochin, Olive Egger and Silkie.
We breed Indian Runner Ducks, African Geese as well as mixed bred Ridley Bronze Turkeys. However, some of our hatching eggs and day-olds may not be available every year as we work towards improving or replenishing our breeding flocks. See our Price List or online store below for more information on availability.
We breed, show and sell quality CLRC registered Nubian Goats. We also own a pair of livestock guardian Komondor dogs and occasionally we have a litter of puppies available.
- Please Note: Our farm is located in Armstrong, BC, Canada.
- We do not ship hatching eggs or livestock to other countries.
- When you place an order, you will receive a confirmation email order form from our online store.
- After we confirm your order, you will receive a notification for a 20% deposit using an Interact email transfer.
- We do not accept credit cards, cheques, nor money orders.
Ordering Hatching Eggs:
- Please read our policies on this webpage before placing an order Hatching Eggs | Wild Acres
- Hatching eggs can be picked up at our farm gate or shipped to BC, YT, AB, SK and MB.
- We no longer ship to ON, QC or the eastern provinces due to shipping delays, cost factors and other circumstances.
- We only ship via Canada Post (Xpresspost).
- The minimum number of hatching eggs required for shipping is 12 (one dozen).
- We only ship hatching eggs in April, May and June.
- The shipping cost set by our online store for hatching eggs is just an estimate – we will update the real amount closer to your shipping date as Canada Post (Xpresspost) prices may vary.
- We are happy to accept your hatching egg orders but please understand and accept the many challenges of hatching eggs and remember that you are not paying for chicks. You are paying for fresh, fertile eggs and we do not guarantee that your purchased hatching eggs will hatch or what the hatch rate will be due to the many variables involved. We assume that the buyer is aware of all the risks with the shipping of eggs or picking up hatching eggs, and they feel comfortable to take that risk.
- When your eggs have been sent to you by Canada Post (Xpresspost), the hatch rate will potentially drop to around 50% or even less.
- Picking up hatching eggs does not guarantee a high hatch rate neither as there are many factors involved including: weather variables for breeding chickens, travel and handling of eggs, differences in various incubators and turners etc.
- A fertile blastoderm in the egg may look infertile after a short time in the incubator. Hatching eggs may have been damaged during transit or eggs may die early in the incubation process. Therefore, cracking the eggs during or after the incubation process in order to determine fertility is not going to be give you a precise ratio of fertile to infertile eggs.
- Our breeding pens generally have several roosters in each breeding pen to ensure high fertility and diverse gene pools.
- The poultry/waterfowl are fed an enriched diet during the breeding season to promote health and maintain excellent egg quality.
- We do not replace, nor credit hatching eggs and we do not refund deposits unless we can’t supply the order. This includes hatching eggs picked up at our farm gate.
Ordering Chicks, Poults, Ducklings and Goslings:
- Chicks and ducklings and are only available in May and June for pick up at our farm gate.
- We do not ship chicks or ducklings.
- The minimum number of chicks or ducklings per order is 4.
- If you are travelling more than an hour to pick up your chicks, poults or waterfowl you will need to order a $6 heat pack through our online store or a $30 standard sized chick box package that comes with a heat pack.
- Day-old chicks, poults and waterfowl cannot regulate their own temperature until they are a few weeks old, and we don’t want them to catch a chill on their way to their new home.
- We are a small family farm business and we do not offer refunds on livestock nor replace birds due to their sex.
- Chicks generally hatch out about 50%male and 50% female, and we sell them unsexed in small batches as they hatch.
- Due to biosecurity reasons once an animal leaves our farm, we cannot take them back.
- Please find more information about raising chicks and ducklings on these webpages
Chicks & Ducklings | Wild Acres and Care Tips | Wild Acres
Home / Shop
Heat Pack Pre-Order
Uniheat 72-hour heat pack:
This is suggested for those customers travelling longer distances to pick up day-old chicks, poults or ducklings at our farm gate. Day-old chicks and ducklings cannot maintain their own body temperatures until they are several weeks old. They are poorly equipped to regulate metabolic processes and as a result, the young chick is dependent on environmental temperature to maintain optimal body temperature. The chick can be easily stressed if its body temperature decreases or increases by as much as one degree. Research has shown that chicks that are subjected to cold temperature have impaired immune and digestive systems. As a result, cold stressed chicks have reduced growth and increased susceptibility to diseases. They can catch a chill without a constant heat source and this can cause pasty butt ( a digestive problem) or even death. This heat pack keeps the the chicks or ducklings warm, cozy and quiet on the way home.
*This heat pack is already included in the sale price of our standard chick box package.
- This product is not recommended for shipping hatching eggs.
- Uniheat is disposable, biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
- This shipping warmer contents are iron powder, water, activated carbon, vermiculite, wood powder and salt.
- Uniheat shipping warmers are recognized worldwide as the preferred choice of both professional shippers, importers, hobbyist shippers, and transporters of livestock