- We will be taking pre-orders for 2024 starting on Nov. 1st via our online store.
- Nov. 11th Updates: We have already received a lot of orders since Nov. 1st
Therefore, any orders that are placed since Nov 11th will not be filled until May. Stock is limited and we only ship or sell poultry in April, May and June.
- For 2024 we have downsized our breed selection due to rising feed costs.
- We are a small farm with small breeder flocks and a limit of about 6-12 hatching eggs a week available per breed/per customer.
- We will contact our customers a week or two prior to their pick up or hatching egg shipping dates.
- We do not keep customer wait lists from year to year nor do we take pre-orders via the phone.
- Thank you for your patience, understanding and for supporting our small family farm.
- If you are looking for Children’s books, please visit https://carolynwild.ca/shop/
Wild Acres breeds many unique and beautiful chickens including the Crele Legbar, Silver Laced Polish, Ameraucana, Marans, Australorp, Jersey Giant, Cuckoo Lavender Orpington, Jubilee Orpington, Wyandotte, Welsummer, Olive Egger and Silkie.
We breed Indian Runner Ducks and African Geese. However, some of our poultry hatching eggs and day-old chicks may not be available every year as we work towards improving or replenishing our breeding flocks. See our Price List or online store below for more information on availability.
- Please Note: Our farm is located in Armstrong, BC, Canada.
- We do not ship hatching eggs or livestock to other countries.
- When you place an order, you will receive a confirmation email order form from our online store.
- After we confirm your order, you will receive a notification for a 20% deposit using an Interact email transfer.
- We do not accept credit cards, cheques, nor money orders.
Ordering Hatching Eggs:
- Please read our policies on this webpage before placing an order Hatching Eggs | Wild Acres
- Hatching eggs can be picked up at our farm gate or shipped to BC, YT, AB, SK and MB.
- We no longer ship to ON, QC or the eastern provinces due to shipping delays, cost factors and other circumstances.
- We only ship via Canada Post (Xpresspost).
- The minimum number of hatching eggs required for shipping is 12 (one dozen).
- We only ship hatching eggs in April, May and June.
- The shipping cost set by our online store for hatching eggs is just an estimate – we will update the real amount closer to your shipping date as Canada Post (Xpresspost) prices may vary.
- We are happy to accept your hatching egg orders but please understand and accept the many challenges of hatching eggs and remember that you are not paying for chicks. You are paying for fresh, fertile eggs and we do not guarantee that your purchased hatching eggs will hatch or what the hatch rate will be due to the many variables involved. We assume that the buyer is aware of all the risks with the shipping of eggs or picking up hatching eggs, and they feel comfortable to take that risk.
- When your eggs have been sent to you by Canada Post (Xpresspost), the hatch rate will potentially drop to around 50% or even less.
- Picking up hatching eggs does not guarantee a high hatch rate neither as there are many factors involved including: weather variables for breeding chickens, travel and handling of eggs, differences in various incubators and turners etc.
- A fertile blastoderm in the egg may look infertile after a short time in the incubator. Hatching eggs may have been damaged during transit or eggs may die early in the incubation process. Therefore, cracking the eggs during or after the incubation process in order to determine fertility is not going to be give you a precise ratio of fertile to infertile eggs.
- Our breeding pens generally have several roosters in each breeding pen to ensure high fertility and diverse gene pools.
- The poultry/waterfowl are fed an enriched diet during the breeding season to promote health and maintain excellent egg quality.
- We do not replace, nor credit hatching eggs and we do not refund deposits unless we can’t supply the order. This includes hatching eggs picked up at our farm gate.
Ordering Chicks, Ducklings and Goslings:
- Chicks and ducklings and are only available in May and June for pick up at our farm gate.
- We do not ship chicks or ducklings.
- The minimum number of chicks or ducklings per order is 4.
- If you are travelling more than an hour to pick up your chicks, poults or waterfowl you will need to order a $6 heat pack through our online store or a $30 standard sized chick box package that comes with a heat pack.
- Day-old chicks, poults and waterfowl cannot regulate their own temperature until they are a few weeks old, and we don’t want them to catch a chill on their way to their new home.
- We are a small family farm business and we do not offer refunds on livestock nor replace birds due to their sex.
- Chicks generally hatch out about 50% male and 50% female, and we sell them unsexed in small batches as they hatch.
- Due to biosecurity reasons once an animal leaves our farm, we cannot take them back.
- Please find more information about raising chicks and ducklings on these webpages
Chicks & Ducklings | Wild Acres and Care Tips | Wild Acres
Orpington Chicks Pre-Order
- Day-old unsexed chicks are available by pre-order and are picked up at our farm gate on Sunday afternoons in May and JuneÂ depending on availability.
- We will stay in touch with you via email regarding hatch date, pick-up and payment.Â
- In order to reserve chicks for you a 20% deposit is required and paid for via Interac email transfer.
- We will contact you via email after you place your order as soon as we can.Â
- We cannot guarantee show quality.Â
- Cuckoo lavender, lavender, cuckoo, black, mixed colour breeding pen
- Specific colours of these chicks cannot be ordered. You get what is available at the time of hatch and most of them will hatch out in the cuckoo colour, which is a black and white barring colouration as seen in the English Cuckoo Orpington roosters pictured above, we have also had quite a few chicks hatch out Cuckoo Lavender.
- This breed is one of our top layers of large brown coloured eggs.Â
- See our webpage for more information Orpington | Wild Acres
- If you are travelling more than an hour to pick up your chicks, poults or waterfowl you will need to order a $6 heat pack through our online store or a $30 standard sized chick box package that comes with a heat pack. Day old chicks, poults and waterfowl cannot regulate their own temperature until they are a few weeks old,Â and we donâ€™t want them to catch a chill on their way to their new home.Â Â
- Please find more information about our policies and on raising chicks and ducklings on these webpagesÂ Chicks & Ducklings | Wild AcresÂ andÂ Â Care Tips | Wild Acres